DL128 - Certificate Multi Camera
This course is currently offered in collaboration with Creative Futures Academy (CFA). CFA is a ground-breaking partnership between: The National College of Art and Design, University College Dublin, and the Institute of Art, Design + Technology. Our tailored programmes and micro courses offer access to expertise and networks across the three leading creative institutions and our industry partners. Learn with us as we experiment, innovate and respond to change.
What is this course about?
On this 6-week course, you will be joining the students in our MA in Broadcast Production and you will learn about / how to:
- Develop and produce a multi-camera studio based television programme to industry standards.
- Wide-ranging practices, concepts, theories and applications of multi camera television.
- Industry standard programme practices in order to understand its importance for online content creation and distribution.
The industry has seen a huge jump in multi-camera production. The course will be of interest to graduates and working professionals.
What will I do on this course?
You will get the opportunity to gain new skills through the application/focus of existing skills; to work in a team to produce a programme for a particular audience and broadcaster or platform.
You will also:
- Develop the autonomous skills and methodologies required for producing a multi-camera studio based programme. These include, idea research, development and production up to final delivery. Technical and other competencies include health and safety, audio setup, lighting, camera operation, rigging, operation of a full broadcast gallery and related technical equipment.
- Research, devise and present a proposal for an as live multi camera studio based programme with at least one pre-recorded insert and one live performance piece and one studio interview set up.
- Lead a crew in the production of a multi-camera, studio-based digital streaming broadcast programme to an industry standard.
- Crew on a number of other productions in support roles with related duties and responsibilities.
- Devise an online distribution strategy for your programme and reflect on the learning in this course.
Dates + Times
Classes take place on campus, Monday to Friday (10am – 5pm), from 8th April to 17th May 2024.
A variety of professional pathways exist in the audio-visual, web and screen industries. You may want to work as online content providers in the broadcast media, advertisement agencies, production facilities, company in-house production facilities, state and civil society bodies, and indeed any group involved in the creation and distribution of audio-visual content.
The course will enable you to incorporate your skills into your production practices and future professional roles, and give you real-life experience in a professional working environment.
On successful completion of this course, you may also be interested in applying to our MA in Broadcast Production.
Who can apply?
Graduates and professionals working in the broadcast industries who are interested in upskilling and/or reskilling in areas such Lighting Operator (including vision control), Studio Camera Operator, Vision-mixer, Sound Operator, Floor Manager, or Production Assistant / Broadcast Co-Ordinator.
As part of your application, we require:
- A recent CV.
- A digital portfolio of your work OR a personal statement (tell us about your experience/background in any media, what you hope to learn and achieve on the course).
- One Reference.
You may be asked to attend an interview.
Fees + Scholarships
EU fees for this course in 2024 are €1,300, subsidised by IADT and the Creative Futures Academy, under the Higher Education Authority’s Human Capital Initiative.
Non-EU fees are €1,700.
A CFA Scholarship encourages the participation and success of learners from sections of society that are significantly under-represented in higher education by offering a free place in one of our CFA courses and programmes.
Find out if you are eligible to apply HERE
Fill in the CFA@IADT Scholarship application form HERE