Creative Writing Competition for TY Students
The winners of IADT’s Young Writers’ Competition will be announced on Tuesday 11th May.
- What kind of worlds do you create in your head?
- How do you share those words with other people?
- What experiences can you have through the stories you encounter?
The Department of Humanities + Arts Management at IADT has a proud tradition of exploring these questions on its programmes, and producing writers who answer them.
Celebrating this tradition, we are delighted to launch the IADT Young Writers’ Competition for Transition Year students attending school in the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown local authority area.
IADT Young Writers’ Competition
- We are inviting TY students to respond creatively to the idea of HOPE in a short, original piece of writing (400 words max)
- You can submit poems, fiction, dialogues, graphic fiction or reflective writing. We’re looking for words that will catch fire in these uncertain times
- Please send your entries and the name of your school to email@example.com before 5pm on Monday March 22nd 2021
- The top 3 entries will receive a €100 One for all Voucher each and their classes will be hosted on a tour of the National Film School followed by lunch at IADT (when public health guidelines allow)
The competition will be judged by Dr. Kevin Wallace, Head of Department of Humanities + Arts Management and Selina Guinness, Writer and Lecturer in English Literature at IADT.
The winning writers’ work will also be published on the IADT website.