This programme will run from September to June annually.
What is the role of a Student Ambassador?
The role of a Student Ambassador is to give the real picture about life at IADT: what it’s really like to be a student here from talking about your course, your typical day at IADT to student life, clubs/societies and campus facilities.
Student Ambassadors positively promote IADT and the role includes giving presentations, helping at Open Days and Taster Days, conducting campus tours, attending career fairs and school visits. Student Ambassadors may from time to time contribute to IADT’s social media presence by writing posts for the IADT social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
Responsibilities of a Student Ambassador
Under the direction of the IADT Marketing Office, ambassadors will:
- Attend higher education career fairs such as Higher Options in the RDS (September | 3-day event)
- Provide support for Open Days (November, January and April) and Taster Days (October and February). This includes talking about your course, guiding visitors, visitors’ data entry.
- Attend school visits with IADT Schools Liaison Officer and/or any other staff member. This involves talking about your course and your experience as a student in IADT.
- Conduct campus tours for schools visiting IADT.
- Posting on social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
Hours of Work
The hours of work vary. It depends on the number of student recruitment events and your availability. Usually hours of work are between 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri, however some evening and weekend work may be required during busy times.
Student Ambassadors are paid €10 per hour.
How to Become an IADT Student Ambassador:
As a student Ambassador represents IADT, the application procedure involves three stages:
1. Application Form to be submitted by email by the 29th March.
2. Interview (to take place on 3rd and 4th April 2019. Student will have to give a short presentation on their course and student experience in IADT)
3. Training (to take place in early September 2019)