Postgrad Diploma in Business Cultural Event
What is Cultural Event Management?
The CCI sector is regarded as a significant contributor to the Irish economy and includes not just ‘cultural’ industries but also ‘creative’ industries. This course provides the transferable and transversal skills identified by the Expert Skills group as relevant for the labour market. The programme is delivered on Thursday evening and Friday with some Saturday workshops/masterclasses. On successful completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
- Understand and critically evaluate the structure and functioning of the cultural and creative industries in Ireland.
- Apply key business skills and analysis to cultural events including: event management, strategic management, strategic marketing, HR, Finance and fundraising, and Law.
- Analyse and critically evaluate cultural policy and the social and economic impacts of cultural events at national, regional and local level.
- Conceptualise, plan and develop appropriate business models for cultural events, diagnose problems and identify solutions relating to cultural events.
- Conduct sectoral research, analyse and present findings.
- Work as part of a team and/or individually.
- Think critically in light of social, cultural, philosophical and ethical business issues as they relate to cultural event management.
– Work as a cultural event manager in a variety of arts organisation or in the festival sector
– Work with an event management company providing services to a wide range of clients
– Be a freelance manager/cultural entrepreneur or a specialist manager within the cultural industries (e.g. music promoter)
– Continue your studies to Masters and/or PhD level in Ireland or abroad.
What modules will I study?
- Cultural Event Management
- Strategic Management
- Digital Marketing
- Cultural Policy
- Business Management