Spring Conferring – 25 March 2022
The Spring Conferring 2022 will take place on Friday 25 March 2022 at 3pm and will be held on campus. All those graduating and due to attend this ceremony have been contacted via both their student and personal email addresses as of 25 February. If you believe you are due to receive an invite and haven’t yet, please check your junk mail folder. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Graduands are asked to Register via this link (even if you are not attending). Pre-registrations will allow us to manage the capacity of the space for those attending, or to know how you want your parchment delivered/collected for those who aren’t attending.
Please note that this event will be held in line with all health and safety guidelines in place on the date of the event. Should there be any significant changes required to the event as planned as a result of health and safety guidelines, we will inform you as soon as possible.
The Autumn Conferring 2022 has been provisionally set as Friday 11 November 2022 in the RDS, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Those graduating and due to attend this ceremony will be contacted closer to the time.
Ceremony Details for all Graduands - please read carefully
Please note that your parchment will be printed using your name as it appears on your invite. If you want your parchment printed differently, eg Joseph instead of Joe, you must let us know, by email to email@example.com, no later than Friday 4 March 2022, otherwise it will be issued as is.
Please note that, if you have fees outstanding, you will not be able to attend the Conferring ceremony. You will be contacted separately on this matter. Please ensure that any outstanding fees are paid, in full, by the latest 12.00 Noon on Friday 18 March 2022. Do note that we cannot process fees on the day of the conferring.
You are allowed to bring two guests maximum to IADT on the day of your ceremony – this is due to numbers attending, room capacity and the need to manage health and safety at the event. Unfortunately, additional guests cannot be accommodated.
Car parking will be available on site in several car parks throughout the campus.
Your ceremony will be held in Room A019 in the Atrium Building, Ground Floor. Once you enter the building at the revolving doors, you will be asked to register your attendance. You should arrive at the revolving doors and proceed to the registration station. There is disabled access should it be required.
You should arrive at least 40 minutes before the event starts. This will give you time to get registered and robed before the start time of the ceremony. At registration, you’ll also be given a seat number ticket which you should keep safely with you.
The ceremony will be organised as follows:
- You will need to register your attendance (and that of your guests) via this link. Please ensure you have registered by Friday 11 March at the latest.
- You should arrive at least 40 minutes before the start of the ceremony.
- On arrival, you will be directed to sign in for the event. Please bring with you your confirmation email of attendance.
- You will then be directed to the gowning space where you will gown.
- You can then take your seat in the conferring room or can mingle with your guests but all parties need to be seated by 2.50 pm at the very latest as the ceremony will start at 3.00 pm sharp.
- At the start time of the ceremony, the President, Registrar (or his nominee) and Heads of Department will enter and take their seats at the front of the room.
- As it comes to the part of the ceremony where the parchments will be handed out, a member of the conferring team will organise you in a row, ready to move to the front of the room to accept your parchment from the President.
- At the end of the ceremony, you should leave the room; now is a good opportunity for you to take photos with your guests.
- Please return your gowns to the gowning room before you go for your refreshments.
- You can then meet back up with your guests and tea and coffee will be served outside the conferring space, before you continue your celebrations offsite.
All students must wear a gown during the ceremony. Graduands may also wear a cap if they wish, it is entirely your choice.
All graduation gown hires for the IADT graduation are booked through Phelan Conan Ltd; the hire fee is €37 for pre-booked gowns, please visit http://www.phelanconan.com and select ‘graduate gown hire’ to book your gown.
Your gown will be available to collect from Room A025, Ground Floor, Atrium Building from 1.00 pm on the day. The deadline for booking directly with Phelan Conan is 23 March 2022.
*Note – all hire and payments for gowns is via the respective companies and not IADT directly; please contact Phelan Conan directly with any queries
Lafayette Photography is the official photographer for your graduation. It is advisable to book and pre-pay your photography in advance at www.lafayette.ie. Payments on the day must be made by debit/credit card only. The studio will be based in Room A021, Ground Floor, Atrium Building and is open two hours before the ceremony. You can have your photos taken before (scrolls are provided for this purpose) or after the ceremony.
*Note – all hire and payments for photography is via the respective companies and not IADT directly; please contact Lafayette directly with any queries
Tea/coffee and biscuits will be served at the end of the ceremony, outside the conferring space.
If you are unable to attend in person, your parchment will be awarded in absentia. It is vital that you complete the registration form here to send us the details of how you’d like to collect your parchment. If you don’t send us this information, we will store your parchment for you until such time as you are able to collect it.
Photography and filming will take place throughout the afternoon, from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm. These will be used by IADT for the purpose of promoting its activities and may be published on the Institute’s website and circulated to the press and other media organisations for publication, transmission or broadcast. If you do not wish to appear in the photographs or films, please avoid this area at the times given above.
If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org