Spring Conferring – 10 March 2023
The Spring Conferring 2023 will be held on Friday 10 March 2023 commencing at 3.00 pm, and will be an in-person event held on campus, in IADT.
All relevant graduands were issued their invitation email to register for the Conferring Event on Tuesday 7 February 2023 via email to both their student and personal email addresses, as provided to IADT.
If you believe you are due to receive an invite and haven’t, please check your junk mail folder. Please contact us at email@example.com if you did not receive the invite.
All graduands are asked to register for the event, even if they are not attending. Pre-registration allows us to manage the capacity of the space for those attending, or to know how you want your parchment delivered/collected for those who aren’t attending.
Please ensure you register (even if you are not attending),
no later than 12.00 Noon on Friday 17 February. The link to register is available from the email invitation.
Programmes that will be conferred in this session are:
- Master of Arts in Art + Research Collaboration
- Master of Arts in Design for Change
- Master of Arts in Broadcast Production
- Master of Arts by Research
- Master of Arts in Screenwriting for Film + Television
- Higher Certificate in Business Management
- Master of Business in Equality, Diversity + Inclusion
If you have any queries regarding the Conferring Ceremony, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you have a relaxed and memorable day!
*Note – all hire and payments for gowns and photography is via the respective companies and not IADT directly
Information updated on 07.02.23
Further Information for Graduands attending the Spring 2023 Conferring
Your Name on your Parchment
Please note that your name will be stated as below on your parchment. If you want your name stated differently on the parchment, eg Joseph instead of Joe, please ensure you complete Question 6 on the Registration Form which asks you to confirm the name you want to appear on your parchment. Please do this immediately so that we have time to get the revised info to the parchment printers.
Please note that, if you have fees outstanding, you will not be able to attend the Conferring ceremony. Your fee balance is detailed in your email invite. Please ensure that any outstanding fees are paid, in full, by the latest 12.00 Noon on Friday 3 March 2023. Do note that we cannot process fees on the day of the conferring.
The link for payment of outstanding fees is https://epay.iadt.ie/invoice
How many guests can I bring?
You are allowed to bring a maximum of two guests on the day of your ceremony – this is due to numbers attending, room capacity and the need to manage health and safety at the event. If one or two additional guests are required to attend, they will be accommodated as much as possible on the day but if the room reaches capacity they will be asked to remain outside the room.
Is there car parking available on site?
Car parking will be available on site in several car parks throughout the campus. Please note car parking regulations for IADT here.
Where is the Ceremony being held?
Your ceremony will be held in Room A019 in the Atrium Building, Ground Floor. Once you enter the building at the revolving doors, you will be asked to register your attendance. You should arrive at the revolving doors and proceed to the registration station. There is disabled access should it be required.
When do I have to be in attendance?
You should arrive at least 30 minutes before the event starts. This will give you time to get registered and robed before the start time of the ceremony. At registration, you’ll also be given a seat number ticket which you should keep safely with you.
How will the Ceremony be organised?
The ceremony will be organised as follows:
- You will need to register your attendance (and that of your guests) via this link. Please ensure you have registered by 00 Noon on Friday 17 February at the latest.
- You should arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony to allow time for gowning and taking photographs
- On arrival, you will be directed to sign in for the event. Please bring with you your confirmation email of attendance.
- You will then be directed to the gowning space where you will gown (Room A025)
- You can then take your seat in the conferring room or can mingle with your guests but all parties need to be seated by 2.50 pm at the very latest as the ceremony will start at 3.00 pm sharp.
- At the start time of the ceremony, the President, Registrar (or his nominee) and Heads of Department will enter and take their seats at the front of the room.
- As it comes to the part of the ceremony where the parchments will be handed out, a member of the conferring team will organise you in a row, ready to move to the front of the room to accept your parchment from the President.
- At the end of the ceremony, you should leave the room; now is a good opportunity for you to take photos with your guests.
- Please return your gowns to the gowning room before you go for your refreshments.
- You can then meet back up with your guests and tea and coffee will be served in the Atrium space, before you continue your celebrations offsite.
All students must wear a gown during the ceremony. Graduands may also wear a cap if they wish, it is entirely your choice.
All graduation gown hires for the IADT graduation are booked through Phelan Conan Ltd; the hire fee is €37 for pre-booked gowns; pay on the day hire fee is €40; no cash will be accepted on the day. Please visit http://www.phelanconan.com and select ‘graduate gown hire’ to book your gown. Your gown will be available to collect from room A025, Ground Floor, Atrium Building, IADT from 1.30 pm on the day. The deadline for booking is 8 March 2023.
Lafayette Photography is the official photographer for your graduation. It is advisable to book and pre-pay your photography in advance at http://www.lafayette.ie/. Payments on the day must be made by debit/credit card only. The studio will be based in Room A021, Ground Floor, Atrium building and is open two hours before the ceremony. You can have your photos taken before (scrolls are provided for this purpose) or after the ceremony.
Refreshments will be served at the end of the ceremony outside the Student Canteen.
If you are not Attending
If you are unable to attend in person, your parchment will be awarded in absentia. It is vital that you complete the registration form here to send us the details of how you’d like to collect your parchment. If you don’t send us this information, we will store your parchment for you until such time as you are able to collect it.
Photography + Filming of the Event
Photography and filming will take place throughout the afternoon, from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm. These will be used by IADT for the purpose of promoting its activities and may be published on the Institute’s website and circulated to the press and other media organisations for publication, transmission or broadcast. If you do not wish to appear in the photographs or films, please avoid this area at the times given above.
Need Help? Contact Us
If you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com