Teaching + Learning at IADT is supported by the Teaching and Learning Committee, a sub-committee of Academic Council. The Teaching + Learning committee meets monthly during the academic year. It develops and reviews policies as requested by Academic Council and works on relevant strategic objectives set out in the IADT Strategic Plan 2018 – 2023. It organises staff development for Teaching + Learning in association with the Staff Training Learning + Development Officer Mary Anne O’Carroll. It runs a Teaching + Research showcase in June (with the Research + Development Committee) and takes the lead on teaching and learning projects across the Institute. It supports Teaching + Learning and elearning. Please download the Teaching Induction Support Pack.
The Teaching and Learning Committee supports teaching and learning at IADT by:
Ensuring that books and journals about teaching and education are available through the Library
Inducting new Academic Staff
Organising workshops, seminars and webinars on teaching and learning in association with the SU and Library Staff
Running accredited courses in teaching and learning, including:
- Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching (15 ECTS),
- Post Graduate Certificate in Assessment and Evaluation (15 ECTS)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Technology Enhanced Learning (15 ECTS)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Universal Design for Learning (10 ECTS)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Assessment for the Creative Disciplines (15 ECTS pending validation Academic year 2023 – 2024)
Supporting staff and student presentations at conferences on teaching and learning
For further information about teaching and learning at IADT please contact the Head of Teaching and Learning, Rebecca Roper, firstname.lastname@example.org.