Intro to Financial Management | Principles of Marketing | Introduction to Management | Introduction to Arts and Culture | Event Management 1 | IT Skills | Music Industries | Theatre and Performance 1
DL822 BA [Hons] Arts Management
You can apply for advanced entry into Years 2 and 3 of this course for September 2023 entry Here
Hear from our students
Watch back our Spotlight Session for Arts Management Here
In Year 3 you’ll have the choice to partake in industry placement, Erasmus Traineeships or Erasmus study abroad (the last two through the Erasmus+ Programme). IADT has Erasmus partnerships with Universities in Italy, France, Spain and Estonia, amongst others.
What will I do?
- Study the arts, and the cultural and creative industries from a business perspective.
- Develop a range of practical skills in events management, marketing, social media management, and content curation.
- Gain hands-on experience in running events, managing marketing campaigns and setting up cultural businesses.
- Benefit from the small class sizes and an industry-experienced teaching team.
- Learn through experience on cultural field trips, work placements and industry projects.
- Deepen your digital skills and know-how with lab based classes in digital marketing, social media and software skills.
What modules will I study?
Financial Management | Digital Marketing | Creative & Cultural Industries | Law 1 | Event Management 2 | Market Research | Music Industries 2
Applied Digital Skills | Cultural Economy | Design Thinking & Communications | Theatre & Performance 2 | Business Research Methods | Advanced Research Methods | Advanced Music Industry | Placement | Erasmus
Strategic Arts Management | Financial Strategy & Taxation | Social Media | Law 2 | Irish Cultural Policy | Human Resources | Comparative Cultural Policy | Public Relations | Graduate Employability Skills | Arts Impacts
What will I be able to do when I graduate?
This course has a long track record of producing graduates with the key skills to work in the arts and the cultural industries. Graduates go on to have careers in Music Management, Festival & Event Management, Theatre Management, Marketing, Hospitality, Heritage, Museums, Social Media, Human Resources, as well as Finance and the Public Sector. Recent graduates have been employed by Madison Square Garden, New York; Electric Picnic; Castlepalooza; RTÉ; Body&Soul Festival; and many more. Graduates can also go on to further study at Masters level in Ireland and abroad.