Creative Ireland Funding Opportunity for Emerging Documentary Filmmakers & Animators
As part of the recent stimulus package for the cultural and creative sector, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and the Institute of Art, Design + Technology are delighted to offer a funding opportunity for recent graduates of eligible courses from the National Film School at IADT to make and/or complete an original documentary film or animation. This funding is part of the Creative Ireland Programme.
Creative Ireland is a culture-based programme designed to promote individual, community and national wellbeing. The core proposition is that participation in cultural activity drives personal and collective creativity, with significant implications for individual and societal wellbeing and achievement.
This funding is open to 2019 and 2020 graduates of the following courses:
- BA Film + Television Production
- BA Animation
- MA Screenwriting for Film & Television
- MA Creative Production & Screen Finance
- MA 3D Animation
- Erasmus Mundus Joint MA Cinematography
Funding will be available through the scheme to support:
- €7,000 for a documentary film project (VAT Inclusive)
- €6,500 for an animation project (VAT inclusive)
This funding may be pooled with other funds; however, these must be in place at the time of application and the application should evidence this. Selected projects must be fully complete by 31st August 2021.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 18th November 2020
Applications will require the following elements:
- Completed Application Form
- Examples of previous work/work in progress
- Project outline clearly demonstrating what the funds will be used for and details of any additional funds if applicable
- Timeline for project completion (must be completed by 31st August 2021 at the latest date and application should clearly demonstrate that this is achievable)
- Quality of the project proposal (50/100)
- Quality of previous work or work in progress (30/100)
- Demonstrable ability to complete and deliver the project within the timeframe and funds available (20/100)
- Applications will be assessed by a panel comprising a nominee from dlr Arts Office; two nominees from the National Film School IADT and an independent industry representative.
- Successful applicants will be required to ensure that appropriate insurances are in place to cover all film activity and to ensure that Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and IADT are named and indemnified on all such policies.
- IADT and Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council reserve the right not to commission work if none of the proposals received are deemed as suitable.
- Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council shall be entitled to organise a public screening of the selected films, which will take place in DLR.
- Selected films will be required to acknowledge the support of Creative Ireland and Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council in opening and closing screen credits.
- Selected films will be required to acknowledge IADT’s National Film School in the opening and closing credits.
- Selected applicants will be required to submit related receipts / invoices to IADT in order to draw down the funds awarded. Funds used as earnings by the recipient may be liable to Withholding Tax which will be deducted at source.
- Closing Date 5pm on Wednesday 18th November 2020
- All applicants notified on or before 11th December 2020
- Delivery of completed films by 31st August 2021
***Applications are now closed.***
Anyone seeking further information on the scheme should contact:
Bernadette Meagher – FÍS Film Project Manager
Freedom of Information
The provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 1997-2003 apply to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council. Applicants should state if any of the information supplied by them is confidential or sensitive and should not be disclosed to a request for information under the aforementioned Act. Applicants should state why they consider the information to be confidential or commercially sensitive.
All information provided for this application will be held for a period of one year from the date of submission and will remain in the ownership of IADT / Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council Arts Office. Information supplied in the application will be used only for the purpose of the application itself, and will only be used by IADT and dlr Arts Office for the purposes of administering and managing this particular commission, including the selection process. You may withdraw your consent to the retention of the information relating to your application at any point by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.