Loreto Meagher and Brian Keane work in the Student Learning Centre along with our Maths tutor Brian McNamara.
We are based in the Student Experience Office (Glass fronted office) in the Carriglea Building C002.
What we do?
Any IADT student can use our service. We can help you with a range of academic and study skills supports:
- Breaking Down Your Assignment Brief
- Academic Writing Skills
- Thesis Proposal and Thesis Writing Skills
- Organisation and Time Management
- Presentation Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Exam Preparation
- Maths Tutor (Research Methods and Finance)
We also can also provide you with specialist support if you have a mental health difficulty or a neurodiverse learning profile including Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) and ADD/ADHD.
Drop into C002 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scan the QR Code or click the registration link.
We are a psychology-led service and we recognise that social, emotional and personal issues can have a huge impact on your learning and we will support you in any way we can to achieve academic success.
Our aim is to teach you the skills to become an independent learner.
Some students attend for a couple of sessions and take the tools with them as they progress through college and beyond, while other students come to us on a regular basis. We understand no two students are the same and sessions are tailored to the individual student’s needs.
Check out this video about our service
- Drop into the office or email us to arrange an appointment. We ask that students book appointments in advance of deadlines so that we have adequate time to offer support as needed.
- Sessions last approx. 45 minutes per session.
- Bring in work samples, the piece of work you will be working on, your assignment brief and any other information that you think might be helpful.
- Remember that we are not a proof reading service, so be prepared to work through drafts, possibly over several appointments.