Meet your Students' Union 2020/21
Hi! I’m Somhairle and I’m your Student Union President. I studied Applied Psychology and am a proud Donegal man. I look forward to meeting you all and supporting you all through your first year of college! As Student’s Union president I’m in charge of the running of the SU and I’m here to make sure that both the Union and IADT keep working for you.
Contact me on: email@example.com
Hi I’m Rachael. I studied Applied Psychology and I’m here to help you. As Education officer, I provide information on any educational issues that you might experience. I also help the Union to monitor course content and deal with student issues such as academic grievances. I help the union manage Class Rep Council with Class Rep Chair too.
If you need help in other areas too, I can provide information and assistance with grant applications, etc. I’m a member of all education related committees in IADT and I help to develop educational policies both for IADTSU and IADT. If you’re in final year, I can provide information on further education and I can also help with forms you might need to fill out.
Contact me on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, my name is Kai Fic, and I’m your Welfare & Equality officer! I studied Creative Computing and I am ecstatic to work for all of you, help you through your times of need, and ensure that the needs of all students on campus are heard, regardless of their background, beliefs, or preferences. This year has been and still will be tough for all of us due to the pandemic, and I am here to support you through it, offer advice and point you in the right direction. Let’s work together to improve and maintain the quality of our students’ experience in IADT.
In addition to supports offered by the Student Experience Team and SU, a number of helpful online resources are available to students that cover a range of topics from academic writing and time management to managing stress and anxiety during the pandemic.
Contact me on: email@example.com
Getting involved in the SU is a great way to get to know people. Autonomous from IADT, the SU is affiliated with the Union of Students in Ireland (USI).
Among many, many things, the Students’ Union:
- represents the interests and furthers the rights of its membership as a whole and individually. This takes the form of representation on committees that look at anything from teaching and learning to IADT’s governing body, as well as representing individuals in disciplinary or appeals procedures
- offers advice on welfare, finances and education
- organises awareness campaigns, and charity, entertainment and social events throughout the year including a Raise and Give (RAG) event that has become the envy of colleges around the country
- manages The Chapel in the Quadrangle building as a recreational space
- facilitates clubs and societies, ensuring students’ right to form or join a group to satisfy cultural, social, sporting and intellectual needs.
The President, the Vice-President for Education and the Vice-President for Welfare & Equality are full-time sabbatical members who are elected to work for the SU as a full-time job for one year. Clubs and Societies Officer, Entertainments Officer, Mature Students’ Officer and LGBTQ+ Rights Offficer are part-time roles.