We are actively working to implement the Framework for Consent in HEIs: Safe, Respectful, Supportive and Positive: Ending Sexual Harassment in Irish Higher Education Institutions and the THEA PROPEL Report; Promoting Consent and Preventing Sexual Violence for Higher Education Institutions.
In line with national requirements, the Institute has an Action Plan to Tackle Sexual Violence and Harassment. The Action Plan takes a whole of institution approach, and has actions on institutional culture, recording, policy and procedures, and targeted initiatives. The HEA requires that institutions report progress on implementation of the Framework for Consent. IADT is committed to ensuring consistent progress in the area of sexual consent.
The IADT Promoting Consent & Preventing Sexual Violence (PROPEL) Working Group oversees the implementation of the Action Plan. Membership comprises of key stakeholders including academics, student support services, EDI, IADTSU, HR and external specialist organisations. The Working Group’s Terms of Reference can be accessed here.
- Claire McGing (Chair) – EDI Manager
- Rachel Skelly (Secretariat) – EDI Administrator
- Carly Salter – Student Counsellor
- Denise McMorrow – Student Experiences Manager
- Dr Kelly Davidson – Lecturer (FEH)
- Eoin Hicks – IADTSU Present
- Hayley Mulligan – NWC’s Violence Against Women Officer (external member)
- Jade Walsh – Student Learning Centre
- Joachim Pietsch – Lecturer (FACT)
- Joan Broderick – College Nurse
- Kai Fic – IADT Welfare & Equality Officer
- Loreto Meagher – Student Learning Centre
- Niamh Clifford – HR Manager
- Rachael Sarsfield – IADTSU Education Officer
- Suzanne Keily – College Nurse
- TBC – Disability Officer