These profiles provide information on key indicators which will contribute to the assessment of gender-equality in Irish HEIs. This publication offers a valuable baseline from which progress can be measured, and includes all grades of staff.
Governance and Management Structures
As well as listing the gender of each president/or equivalent, the gender-balance on governing authority/body, academic council, and executive management teams is provided per HEI, and the sector summaries indicate the number of institutions that have a minimum 40% of each gender on these key decision-making bodies.
Staffing information collected includes:
- Staff by category of post (academic core-funded staff, Professional, Management and Support core-funded staff, research/specialist academic staff, research/specialist Professional, Management and Support Staff )
- Academic staff by discipline
- Academic staff by contract type
- Professional, Management and Support Staff by contract type
- Professional, Management and Support Staff by pay scale
The profiles also list Athena SWAN institutional and departmental awards won and applied for by HEIs. Athena SWAN awards are important indicators of progress towards gender equality.