New Frontiers at the Media Cube IADT and NovaUCD
New Frontiers is the national entrepreneur development programme supported by Enterprise Ireland, serving South Dublin, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown and North Wicklow areas.
The New Frontiers programme is a partnership programme delivered by the Media Cube at IADT and NovaUCD, with IADT, acting as the lead partner.
It is a three-phase programme designed to provide a comprehensive set of business development mentoring supports as well as funding support to participants. It is the ultimate support to help you to develop your business idea into a successful start-up enterprise with the potential to scale internationally.
Phase 1: Programme Oct – Nov 2022
|6-9pm Tuesday & Thursday evenings
11th October – 18th November 2022
|Friday evening & Saturday/Sunday all day
26th – 28th November & 2nd – 4th December 2022
Phase 2: Programme March – Sept 2023
|Programme||Full-Time Intensive Programme
March 2023 – September 2023
Who should apply?
New Frontiers is designed for entrepreneurs who have an innovative business idea and plan to establish and run their own company in Ireland. The business must have the potential to scale internationally and generate employment.
The Programme is open to business ideas from a range of sectors including food and consumer products; information and communication technology; engineering and electronics; medical devices; biotechnology; pharma; digital media; cleantech/renewable energy; eligible internationally traded services. Places on all phases of New Frontiers are assigned through a competitive process.
The programme is divided into three discrete phases:
Phase 1 is a part-time evening or weekend programme (Tuesday & Thursday or Friday evening/ Saturday & Sunday) which provides information and general start-up training which helps participants to validate the market viability of their business idea. The aim of Phase 1 is to establish if your idea can be turned into a feasible business proposition.
We are planning two Phase 1 Programmes from October – December 2022.
Phase 1 Programme A: Evening Midweek
Tuesday & Thursday evenings, 6-9pm from 11th October – 18th November 2022.
We are now taking expressions of interest for the evening midweek New Frontiers Phase 1 Programme 2021. The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday the 1st September 2022 at 1pm.
Phase 1 Programme B: Weekend Bootcamp:
Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday – 26th/ 27th/ 28th AND 2nd / 3rd/ 4th December 2022.
We are now taking expressions of interest for the weekend bootcamp New Frontiers Phase 1 Programme 2021. The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday the 1st of September at 1pm.
Phase 2 is a six-month intensive programme which requires a full time commitment.
- Training in all areas of business including financial management, market research & validation, business modelling, patenting, product development, marketing and sales.
- Mentoring from experienced business advisers and practitioners.
- Office space in the Media Cube, IADT or Nova UCD.
- €15,000 seed funding scholarship to cover full-time participation in the six-month course.
- Networking with other entrepreneurs and business development agencies.
- Introductions to seed and early stage capital investment networks.
- Access to entrepreneurship best practice, both national and international.
- Peer-group learning from participants in the region and across the country.
- Access to the expertise in Enterprise Ireland through their Market Information Centre.
- Expertise from Academic staff of IADT and UCD and support from our dedicated New Frontiers team.
Our Phase 2 Programme will run from March 2023 – September 2023
The call for applications for Phase 2 is currently closed.
Phase 3 gives participants the opportunity to grow their business, their customer base and to generate more sales. Businesses emerging from Phase 2 can apply to participate in Phase 3 of the Programme. During this phase, participants will focus on implementing their Business Plan by bringing their product/service to market and preparing to acquire further funding.
How to apply
Find out more here