Assistive Technology support will continue while IADT is closed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need support.
Much of the best Assistive Technology is free and can be found on these pages.
Assistive Technology is an umbrella term for any technology that helps with a task. It can be a common technology, such as spell check in a word processor or on a phone. It can also be a specialised technology such as a screen reader, text to speech or voice recognition.
Assistive Technology services available at IADT –
- Assistive Technology hardware, such as Smartpens, Dictaphones, OCR scanners, laptops, microphones, etc.
- Assistive Technology software, such as text to speech, spelling & grammar checkers, voice recognition, mind mapping, Ebook readers, etc.
- Training in the use of Assistive Technology hardware and software. This includes one to one training, group training, enrolling the student on Blackboard VLE and access to training resources.
- Maintenance and help with hardware and software issues.
- Advice on up to date solutions and new developments such as Web and Mobile apps, Ebooks, Cloud Computing, etc.
Assistive Technology Officer,