Faculty Transitional Studies | Digital Media & Prototyping | Web Design | Programming | Computing Concepts | Practical Masterclass | Web Development | Integrated Project | Introduction to Databases | Object-oriented Programming
DL836 BSc [Hons] Creative Computing
Watch back our Spotlight Session- Creative Computing
Hear from our lecturers
“The BSc (Hons) in Creative Computing is a unique programme. The range of skills the students attain prepare them well for a career in the technology industry. There is a strong demand in industry for graduates from this course.”
Richard Archbold, Vice President of Engineering, Intercom
Hear from our students
What will I do?
- Develop computing skills using your imagination and interests
- Create exciting apps, websites and games & learn to program in Java and related languages
- Benefit from small class sizes and industry-experienced teaching team
- Choose a specialist area of study, such as Data Visualisation, Artificial Intelligence, Gaming, Data Science, and Virtual/Augmented Reality (Years 3 & 4)
- Use state-of-the-art computer labs within a friendly and supportive environment
- Opportunities to study abroad for a year through the Erasmus Programme. Partnerships with Stuttgart Media University in Germany and Sabanci University in Istanbul
- In Year 3, students spend the second half of the year working with an industry partner
What modules will I study?
Interaction Design | Creative Coding 1 | Web Design Frameworks | Advanced Web Development | Advanced Databases | Faculty Elective | User Experience Design | Creative Coding 2 | Software Project | Architecture & Operating Systems
Networks & Cloud Computing | Data Visualisation (Elective) | Front-End Development (Elective) | Interactive Graphics (Elective) | Games Development (Elective) | Mobile Computing (Elective) | Professional Practice & Placement | Business & Entrepreneurship for Creative Practice | Emerging Technologies & Trends
What will I be able to do when I graduate?
Creative Computing graduates are in high demand! 94% of graduates were in full time employment 4 months after graduation (2018 Graduate Survey).
Recent employers include SAP, Optum, Workday, Verizon Connect, Sonalake, Version 1, Google, Vodafone, IBM, Accenture, Microsoft and Eir. Graduates roles include: web designer, web developer, mobile app designer, mobile app developer, user experience designer, game developer, project manager, database administrator & systems administrator.
Pathways to further study exist within IADT (MSc UX Design, MSc Cyberpsychology, and Masters by Research) and externally.