Faculty Connect | Digital Media & Prototyping | Web Design | Programming | Computing Concepts | Practical Masterclass | Web Development | Integrated Project | Introduction to Databases | Object-oriented Programming
DL836 BSc [Hons] Creative Computing
Hear from our lecturers
“The BSc (Hons) in Creative Computing is a unique programme. The range of skills the students attain prepare them well for a career in the technology industry. There is a strong demand in industry for graduates from this course.”
Richard Archbold, Vice President of Engineering, Intercom
Hear from our students
Watch back our Spotlight Session for Creative Computing Here
What will I do?
- Develop computing skills using your imagination and interests
- Create exciting apps, websites and games & learn to program in Java and related languages
- Benefit from small class sizes and industry-experienced teaching team
- Choose a specialist area of study, such as Data Visualisation, Artificial Intelligence, Gaming, Data Science, and Virtual/Augmented Reality (Years 3 & 4)
- Use state-of-the-art computer labs within a friendly and supportive environment
- Opportunities to study abroad for a year through the Erasmus Programme. Partnerships with Stuttgart Media University in Germany and Sabanci University in Istanbul
- In Year 3, students spend the second half of the year working with an industry partner
What modules will I study?
Interaction Design | Creative Coding 1 | Web Design Frameworks | Advanced Web Development | Advanced Databases | Faculty Elective | User Experience Design | Creative Coding 2 | Software Project | Architecture & Operating Systems
Networks & Cloud Computing | Data Visualisation (Elective) | Front-End Development (Elective) | Interactive Graphics (Elective) | Games Development (Elective) | Mobile Computing (Elective) | Professional Practice & Placement | Business & Entrepreneurship for Creative Practice | Emerging Technologies & Trends
What will I be able to do when I graduate?
Creative Computing graduates are in high demand! 94% of graduates were in full time employment 4 months after graduation (2018 Graduate Survey).
Recent employers include SAP, Optum, Workday, Verizon Connect, Sonalake, Version 1, Google, Vodafone, IBM, Accenture, Microsoft and Eir. Graduates roles include: web designer, web developer, mobile app designer, mobile app developer, user experience designer, game developer, project manager, database administrator & systems administrator.
Pathways to further study exist within IADT (MSc UX Design, MSc Cyberpsychology, and Masters by Research) and externally.